In March our new staffroom was officially opened by local MP Gareth Ward. It was a day of celebration for us, as we marked 20 years of working with, supporting and positively impacting the lives of kids in need. We are grateful to Fiducian Financial Services Nowra for their sponsorship of the event.
When Tim and Andrea Francis, our founders, started A Taste of Paradise over 20 years ago, it was with the intention of creating a place that would support, help and begin the healing journey for the young people who come to the farm. They acknowledge that without the generous support from many in our community over the past 20 years, it would not have become the amazing place it is today, a place that has supported over 400 young people. The opening was an opportunity to thank some of those people.
We would like to acknowledge the following people and businesses.
- Gareth Ward for creating the online petition to seek funds for a staff only space from the NSW Government, and for our wonderfully supportive community who voted on the petition, as they were largely responsible for our receiving the NSW State Government grant to begin the build.
- Real Aussie Sheds, a long-time supporter of our work, contributed to both the cost of the build as well as building the outer shell.
- Boral Concrete not only generously donated the concrete to build the staffroom but laid enough concrete for us to have an alfresco space outside the office.
- Bunnings Warehouse South Nowra donated vinyl floor tiles to cover the floor.
- Tim Atkin from Eliza’s Lighting South Nowra donated two fans with lights.
- Ison & Co donated trims and other fittings to fit out the staffroom.
We are grateful to the many other individuals who donated furniture, time and their skills to complete the new staffroom.
Thank you to Bishops South Nowra, Aldi Nowra and IGA Berry for their generous donations.
The new staffroom offers both staff and volunteers a place where they can now hold meetings, have lunch, debrief, support each other and plan for the day in privacy.